One of my members asked about Russian Lunges the other day. He said he’s been doing forward and reverse (backward) lunges, but he didn’t know what Russian lunges are and how to do them.
So, I thought I’d post here quiclkly a short description if you happen to wonder the same thing (I’d much rather talk about Bulgarian (split) squats since I am Bulgarian, but… hey in the name of the sport of bodybuilding…).
Russian lunge execution:
Step with one of your legs about 3 feet in front of the other. Lower your body like in normal lunge. Rapidly push yourself up until both of your legs are in the air. Quickly switch legs so that when you land the opposite leg is in front of the leg you started with. Repeat.
Oh, well, Bulgarian explaining Russian lunges… I really hope I make sense.. If not, I count on your imagination.
- Beginners Pull Up Tutorial video course - June 28, 2015
- Pull-up exercises reference: 35 pull-up exercises (VIDEO) - June 14, 2015
- Interview: Massad Ayoob on concealed carry and politics, women carrying - May 21, 2015
- Defensive Handgun Skills: Combative Pistol 1 taught by Tom Givens - May 15, 2015
- Natural Running Video Course - April 30, 2015
- Breaking in my new Walther PPQ M2 - April 24, 2015
- Defensive Handgun Skills: Defensive Pistol 2, Force-on-Force, Low light shooting - March 13, 2015
- Running Fast and Injury Free e-book by Gordon Pirie - March 6, 2015
- Defensive Handgun Skills: Defensive pistol 1 - February 24, 2015
- “This can’t happen to me!”… Until it does! The OODA loop and how to be prepared! - February 24, 2015